We love beer for its versatility. You can drink it, mix it, bake it— the possibilities are endless. Using our award-winning Mexican Lager we’ve crafted a killer interpretation of flavors south of the border. Crisp slaw and creamy chili sauce blanket flakey white fish beer-battered with none other than your favorite easy-drinking Mexican Lager to deliver a refreshing homage to the Baja spirit. Surf’s up!
This recipe is as easy as it is delicious, just follow these simple steps and get cooking with Lone Tree beer.
- 5 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- ½ cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sesame or peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- One lime, juiced
- 2–3 chipotle chiles
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup Lone Tree Mexican Lager
- 1–2 pounds skinless white fish, cut into strips
- Corn tortillas and lots of limes for serving!
Combine all slaw ingredients into a bowl and mix. Blend chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, mayonnaise, lime juice and garlic in food processor. Cut fish into strips. Whisk flour, salt and pepper in a small bowl; slowly pour in beer. Dip fish in batter, pan fry until golden brown or to preferred taste. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Warm tortillas and assemble tacos. Serve with lime wedges and a craft lager on the side.