This IPA beer cheese soup made with our India Pale Ale. Try adding different toppings like spicy popcorn, croutons, bacon or anything that goes with cheese, which is everything!
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium-large carrot
- 2–3 celery stalks
- 1 medium-large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups broth
- 12-oz. Lone Tree IPA
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp mustard
- 4 cups cheese (sharp cheddar)
- Chop the carrots, celery, and onion and sauté over medium heat until completely cooked and soft. While sautéing, season it up with salt and pepper.
- Mince the garlic, add to the other vegetables and sauté a minute at most. Add the flour and stir to coat all of the vegetables. Cook for 2–3 minutes.
- Add the broth, slowly at first, whisking the entire time. Pour in the IPA and milk. Let the mixture simmer for about 10 minutes, whisking/stirring occasionally as needed.
- Turn the heat down to low. Fish out the bay leaves. Add the Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Add the cheese one cup at a time, stirring and melting the cheese entirely before adding any more. Check for seasoning.
- Garnish with spicy popcorn, croutons, bacon or whatever you’d like!